Any adult and direct family members, who are not a citizen of the EU, EEA or Switzerland can apply for the Golden Visa. The applicants have to make investments in Portugal and also have a clean criminal record. The Golden Visa applicants must maintain their investment over a period of 5 years.
Once you have obtained the Portuguese Golden Visa you will have the following rights.
- Reside in Portugal during the whole duration of your visa
- Work, Live and study within Portugal
- Travel freely, without a visa, through the 26 EU countries of the Schengen Area
- Right to family reunion in Portugal and the European Union
- You may also obtain Portuguese citizenship after a period of 5 years with the same right of anyone in Portugal and the European Union
Needed to Apply:
• Declaration of compliance with investment requirements• Proof of legal entry into Portugal (eg. Schengen short-stay visa);
• Proof of health insurance (issued within the last three months);
• Criminal record certificate from country of origin/residence (issued within the last three months);
• Evidence of compliance with tax and Social Security obligations;
• Receipt of payment of the Portuguese Golden Visa fees;
• A completed permission form which authorizes SEF to your Portuguese criminal records;
• Bank declaration confirming the transfer of funds;
• The applicants need to show commitment to maintain their investment for a minimum of five years, plus evidence of their investment such as deeds of purchase for all real estate investments;
• You need the following certified documents from a Portuguese consulate or the embassy of your country translated into Portuguese:
– Criminal certificate from country of origin,
– Marriage certificate,
– Birth certificate of children.