Fast Track for Portuguese
Citizenship and Visa-free in
In 2012 the Portuguese Government launched The Golden Visa Program which is now considered one of the most popular Citizenships by Investment Programs in the world amongst non-European Citizens looking to gain access to the Schengen Area.
The popularity of the Portuguese Golden Visa Program’s has been largely attributed to its attractive investment options that the scheme has to offer. For example, the country’s top safety raking compared to neighbouring countries, affordability, great education and health care system and ultimately and the most talked about the tax advantages and visa-free access to all the countries within the Schengen Area for the investor and the investor’s family.
The Golden Visa Residence Permit will be granted for the investor and family in only 5 years.
Following the initial investment, a Portuguese Golden Residence Permit is granted for a period of one year, renewable for two successive periods of two years, and requires the maintenance of the investment for a minimum period of five years. Within this period your presence in Portuguese territory is only required for 7 days (consecutive or not) in the first year and 14 days (consecutive or not) in the subsequent periods of two years. The Portuguese Permanent Residence Permit may be requested after the fifth year has elapsed.
The benefits to the Portuguese Golden Visa and passport are huge.
- European Residency
- Full family residency. You and your family enjoy European Residency status and all of its benefits
- No need to reside in the country
- Can lead to Portuguese Citizenship after 6 years
- If Citizenship obtained in the future, dual nationality allowed
- The scheme is open to most non-EU nationalities
- Allows free travel within Schengen Area, no visa or further documentation required
- You can travel directly from your country of origin to any Schengen area country once your Permanent Residency has been issued, no need to travel to Portugal first
- Reside in any other Schengen area country for up to a period of three months within every six-month period with the right of multiple entries
- Expand investments worldwide, establish businesses
- Golden Visa holders to only pay taxes on income related to activities in Portugal and not any other primary country of residence Only those staying in Portugal longer than six months a year and deemed resident in Portugal must pay tax over income obtained in Portugal
- Take advantage of great infrastructure
- The Portuguese Permanent Residency extends to Husband/wife and children below 18 years of age
- Adult above 18 years of age qualify (as long as they are financially dependent on the investor)
- Parents of the main applicant also qualify (as long as they are financially dependent on the investor)
- The Portuguese Permanent Residency allows all holders to work and study in Portugal
- Portugal is a developed country ranked the world’s 19th highest quality of life and one of the world’s most globalized and peaceful nations
- Ranked the third safest country in the world for two consecutive years (2019 and 2020) by Global Peace Index
- Political Stable
When it comes to the Golden Visa application. Planeur guarantees world-class services and aims to carry out the application process hassle-free for the investor and their family. Planeur works with a team of professional experts such as Lawyers, accountants and other entities required to acquire the Golden Visa.
As for the investment options, you could not be in a better place. Planeur has proven track record on multiple investments in Australia and Vietnam, achieving high returns on investment and focuses on creating high-quality developments.
Contact us if you want to learn more about how to apply for the Portuguese Golden Visa.